From NUI Group Community Wiki
The Touchlib config app
In order to calibrate the touchlib library for your camera and projector, you'll need to run the config app, Here's how it works:
- You'll need to set up your computer so that the main monitor is the video projector so that the app comes up on that screen.
- Run the config app.
- Press 'b' at any time to recapture the background.
- Tweak the sliders until you get the desired results.
- The last step (rectify) should just have light coming from your finger tips (no background noise, etc).
- When you are satisfied press 'enter'. This will launch the app in full screen mode and you'll see a grid of points (green pluses).
- Now you can press 'c' to start calibrating.
- The current point should turn red. Press on your FTIR screen where the point is.
- Hopefully a press is detected (you can check by looking in the debug window).
- Press 'space' to calibrate the next point. You'll continue through until all points are calibrated.
- Note that the screen may not indicate where you are pressing.
- When you are all done, you can press 'ESC' to quit.
- All your changes (slider tweaks and calibration points) are saved to the config.xml file. Now when you run any touchlib app it will be calibrated.
- Note that any changes to where the projector is pointing or your webcam will require a re-calibration.
Also see: Touchlib Configuration Information